Sunday, March 18, 2012

FLRA Negotiability Appeals

I received an email from a Local President telling me that the agency had just declared several of the items that the Union had proposed for their Local Supplemental Agreement to be non-negotiable. I provided a PDF copy of the Guide to the Federal Labor Relations Authority Negotiability Appeals Process; the same guide book can be found on-line in the link above.


The FLRA Guide says:

"...if the union writes to the agency and asks for what’s called an “allegation of non-negotiability,” and the agency responds with the allegation in writing, the union has 15 days from the date of service of the allegation to file the petition at the FLRA headquarters in Washington, D.C."
- Guide to the Federal Labor Relations Authority Negotiability Appeals Process , page 2

I advised the Local President to file a negotiability appeal with the FLRA within the 15 days, and will provide as much help in the process as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment